Brutal Truth - End Time




Brutal Truth has always been one of my favorite Grind bands. Since the first time I heard Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses, I was hooked. I heard that album and said "Fuck, this is my favorite kind of metal now!". Brutal, it's in their name and boy do they deliver. After two years we are finally being graced by Brutal Truth newest album, End Time. This is the end all be all of Grindcore. Bands take note, fuck those pussy breakdowns, this is real brutality.

This 23 track Grind masterpiece begins with the track, "Malice". What a great way to begin an album. Almost doom sounding drums start things off. This is the song to warm up to in the pit. This song starts off a little slow incorporating the doomy drums and minimal guitar accompanied by a few choice words from vocalitst Kevin Sharp. It leads us into the beging of our brutal journey with the song, "Simple Math". Have you ever been punched in the face by a wall of sound? You will be with this track. Brutal, fast , in your face grindcore; all in a minute twenty-eight.

One of my favorites track on this album if "Fuck Cancer". Coming in at exactly one minute long, this song and title says it all FUCK CANCER! The title track "End Time" is easily one of the highlights. Lyrically it is one of my favorites.

"our future is now, our world is ending
our life for the disdain has brought about our end time
... It's our time

for those who would fail to see a future uncertainty, end time is certainly
bring in you lost and pray, our world's catastrophe,
bring in the lost to stay

The end time is our time - Our time is the end time

No matter what our self destruction
a condition of memory suppressing past transgressions
bring on our annihilation in our world in chaos collapses
it never fails to amaze me how quickly we forget
watch our world in chaos collapse

our time
our time here on planet earth
cradle obliveon
fall asleep
in arms of obliveon "


In my humble opinion Brutal Truth is ahead of the curve in the genre of Grindcore. Personally they do it the best. As much as I love Assück, I'll still put Brutal Truth at the the top of my Grindcore list. For those about to Grind, we salute you!

Brutal Truth goes good with: Assück, Napalm Death, Anal Cunt, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Retox, The Locust, Cattle Decapitation, Inevitable End


-Cicatriz




Comments