My First Album - Weird Al Yankovic - In 3-D



First record I ever owned, I'm pretty sure; ca. 1984. First concert I ever went to. First piece of media I wore out (can’t do that now. Goddamn digital media.).

Every track is still great; the originals the best: “Midnight Star” (tabloids), “Theme from Rocky XIII” (27 years later, we’re halfway there, Al!), and especially “Nature Trail to Hell.” Dig the first verse:

Coming this Christmas to a theatre near you
The most horrifying film to hit the screen
There’s a homicidal maniac who finds a cub-scout troop
and he hacks up two or three in every scene

That still cracks me up. What’s more: there’s actual Judas Priest/ Slayer/ black metal backwards masking involving Satan on the track! See below....

The Satan angle sorta makes sense: it’s been 30 years since Al’s first album, and he apparently has not aged at all. Or not in any way, shape or form.

Weird Al is Of The Devil. Could he be any cooler? I submit to you that he cannot.

--Horn

Comments